Friday, October 12, 2012

The Power of Getting Outside

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. " - John Muir
 
About 2 years ago is when I went on my first camping trip. It actually turned out to be a camping, rock climbing, spring break trip with the climbing club at NKU known as the Vertical Frontier Climbing Club. Being that I had never really camped before you could say I was less than prepared. Biggest piece of advice I can give someone is to ALWAYS bring a sleeping pad when camping in below 40 degree weather.

We stayed at what is now our usual hangout spot, Miguel's. Miguel's is an amazing pizza and climbing shop in The Red that has climbers crawling out of the cracks. The entire weekend unlocked so many doors that now remain open in my life. I now climb regularly and #GetOutside as often as I can! I realized from that first weekend of climbing and camping that the outdoors were about to play a big role in my life.

Later that year, I met Danny Stull who founded Venturepax.com and he invited me to join the team. I have now been working at Venturepax for over a year and now, and work on the weekends at my favorite outdoor shop Roads Rivers & Trails! The great outdoors has had such a huge impact on not only my life but millions of others. No matter what happens in everyday life it is good to make a practice of stepping back and enjoying some fresh air. Listening to the birds sing, and walking in the woods will do wonders on your stress and your overall health.

I started this blog to reinforce our core beliefs at Venturepax by inviting everyone to #GetOutside more often and share their adventures in hopes to inspire others to also #GetOutside.



No comments:

Post a Comment